Verima ‘s main purpose is to work alongside and support health professionals in their study and research phase. Specifically, in the area of therapeutic and surgical choices by offering a three-dimensional representation of the data available from the diagnostic imaging , specifically from computed tomography (CT and MRI) examinations.
What is Verima
Verima is a software suite that enables the display of interactive holograms. Using conversion software, it automatically transforms computed tomography (CT) files from DICOM format into a 3D format file that can be used as an interactive hologram. Through augmented reality (AR) and mixed reality (MR) we have a tool for clinicians to improve visualization and intervention planning. In fact, using special mixed reality viewers, the DICOM files processed by Verima are projected into the real environment such as a doctor’s office or operating room, transforming patients’ anatomical regions into interactive holograms.
How Verima works
We are talking about a software suite consisting of multiple applications integrated with each other.
- Verima Tool for Windows PC, which allows import of DICOM files and conversion to a 3D model
- Verima Viewer, which provides holographic visualization of 3D models.
- Mobile App: app for Android and iOS for augmented reality viewing.
Verima Tool is the Pc application of the Verima Suite that provides segmentation and analysis capabilities of images in DICOM format from CT and MRI examinations, in order to obtain of a 3D model representing an anatomical part and allow it to be sent to Verima Viewer.
Main features of Verima
- Importing exams in DICOM format from local and PACS network resources
- Visualization of acquired and reconstructed images in the three main anatomical planes: coronal, transverse, and sagittal
- Automatic image segmentation using A.I. for detection of bone tissue, blood vessels, and internal organs
- 3D reconstruction of the region of interest highlighted by segmentation
- Ability to create infinite levels of segmentation in the same study
- Ability to change transparency at each reconstruction level
- Saving the study under review on Verima Tool with possible subsequent reopening
- STL file export for 3D printing
Verima Viewer is the Verima Suite application available for Mixed Reality, Augmented Reality that allows reception and visualization of 3D models created through Verima Tool.
Main features of Verima viewer
- Visualization in the form of a hologram, 1:1 scale of the 3D model received from Verima Tool
- Visualization available on Mixed Reality viewers. In this case, the user has the ability to interact with it without losing contact with the real environment.
- Augmented Reality (AR) visualization available on smartphones and tablets.
- Ability to view, move, rotate, resize the hologram in the environment , regardless of the type of device on which it is displayed.
Verima: the strengths
- he system enables a significant improvement in quality in the diagnostic image analysis process. The latter introduces the element of depth into the vision, which makes it accessible on numerous devices in real time.
- The process that enables the creation, visualization of the3D hologram from the CT scan is simple, quick and intuitive.
- Real-time sharing of the hologram and interactions with it, to multiple remotely connected users, allows them to consult the exam and compare notes on it in a new visual, quick and fast way
- Verima Tool allows holograms to be processed even from 3D models imported from other third-party software. This approach allows Verima to integrate easily with existing systems.